Discipline = Mastery 🌟
Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to the next round of the Sunan Weekly Roundup!
What we are working on:
This week we released another great article titled, How Social Media Affects Brand Awareness. Building up brand awareness is critical for any business looking to compete in the market. With a staggering 3 billion people expected to be using social media by 2021, the top goal of many social media marketers is to increase brand awareness. This raises the question, how exactly does social media affect brand awareness. Check out the blog to find out!
We also released our latest guide titled How Bad Designs Can Cost You Millions! Every business out there actively seeks new ways to cut costs. It’s simply a part of business – you try to reduce expenses and increase profits. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s quite easy to make a wrong decision. Many companies try to cut costs by slashing marketing and designing budgets. Professional designers and marketing experts seem very expensive and not worth the investment. After all, how hard can it be to design a logo or a presentation, right? Well…wrong! Check out this guide and make sure you are not making these critical mistakes!
My biggest takeaway this week: Discipline = Mastery
This was a big week for me. I officially transitioned over from my full time job with the Social Security Administration, where I had been working for the past 10 years, to Sunan!
I’m not going to lie, it was probably one of the scariest decisions I have ever made. So often we become so comfortable with our situation and the predictability of life that we don’t want to rock the boat too much. And that was exactly me! However, when things start to line up in the right direction, I had to take that leap of faith and trust that things will work out.
Now, having this new opportunity to work on something that I am really passionate about, I want to approach it from a different perspective. I want to focus my day on things that will move the needle for me and my business. Focus on building the new skills that I will need to take my game to the next level. Focus on building a good discipline that will lead to a road of mastery.
So often, we tend to think of discipline in a negative way. We think that discipline has to be a daunting, not fun task that HAS to get done. Rather, what we need to do is shift our perspective and mindset. We need to start thinking of discipline as our road to mastery. And we can easily do so by following these simple steps:
- Emotional Engagement – Become emotionally engaged with the task. Every morning, visualize and think about the dream and aspiration you are after. Think about how great it will feel to have that thing. Get excited about it and remember the dream.
- Focus – Do what matters first before entertaining the chaos of the world. If you are constantly waking up every morning and replying to everybody, you are starting your day reacting. Set up your morning blocks of time to focus on what matters.
- Block time – have scheduled blocks of time where the discipline will happen. Add it to your calendar. Don’t let your day be ruled by randomness.
- Social rewards – it’s hard to stay disciplined when you are never getting small wins throughout the process. Talk about the process and celebrate the wins with friends and family.
The goal is to make discipline fun and joyful. It doesn’t have to be a hard and terrible thing. After all, the road to mastery comes from consistently working on the needle movers for you and your business.Now, here is your challenge for the week: take a hard look at yourself and how you use your time. Are you consciously shaping your day or are you reacting to how the day unfolds before you? If a good chunk of the day is being controlled by the chaos of life, just follow the four simple steps and start steering your ship in the right direction.
Time to level up!
– Sajjad Husain, Founder & CEO