Despite being amongst the most recently launched applications, TikTok has exploded in popularity thanks to its unique content mix and intuitive algorithm. According to a recent report, the platform has surpassed over 1.7 Billion unique users.
At first, the platform was largely used by a young audience that focused on sharing short videos focused on entertainment. Today, the platform is used by millions of companies that are capitalizing on the platform’s prominence.
In today’s article, we explore how TikTok is essential for Non-profits looking to connect with younger audiences.
Why Do I Need TikTok for My Non-Profit Organization?
Even though TikTok has gone through many different phases, it is still the most popular application amongst young audiences and teenagers. For non-profits looking to raise awareness in these audiences, it is essential to use TikTok as a focal point of their marketing strategy.
Effectively using TikTok can allow your non-profit organization to reach a massive audience and benefit from a much larger audience than other platforms. The platform has also added a ton of new features for business that make it the ideal tool to raise funds.
How to Set up a TikTok account for Your Business?
Creating your TikTok business account is extremely simple. You just need to follow the following steps:
- Download the TikTok application from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Register with your email address, phone number, or social account.
- Switch to a business account by tapping the three horizontal lines on the upper right side of your screen. Click on “Settings and Privacy.” Further, select the “Manage Account” option and “Switch to Business Account”. Make sure you select the right category that describes your business.
And your TikTok business account is ready to go!
How Can Non-profits Use TikTok?
The versatility of TikTok offers a ton of options to Non-profits that are looking to take their marketing to the next level.
Here are some pointers that can help you make a big difference.
- Try to Follow Trends – Following trends that align with your brand personality is a great way to tap into a massive audience. You can research relevant trends to find the right mix.
- Create Educational Content – Focus on educating your audiences about a particular cause. This will help you develop a community and gain support.
- Post Regularly – Posting content regularly (ideally daily) is a great way to gain favor from the algorithm and get consistent growth. Consistent posting can make a huge difference when it comes to your reach.
3 Ways to Make Money on TikTok
While there are a ton of ways to raise funds for your Non-Profit on TikTok, here are some of the most effective ways:
- Use Donation Stickers to bring awareness to your cause and drive viewers to take action
- Link a Fundraiser on your profile to ensure every profile viewer can contribute to your campaign.
- Collaborating with influencers can also be a great way to generate funds for your company without spending a ton on ads.
In today’s social-media-driven marketing landscape, ignoring TikTok is no longer an option. The platform provides a great opportunity for non-profits to amplify their message and reach a wider audience.
If you’re considering the right approach to market your non-profit on TikTok, Sunan has the perfect resources. Our creative team works on unique ideas to help you maximize your odds of going viral on TikTok. We work on every marketing element, from video design to innovative concept design, to ensure that you reach your target audience on TikTok.
Want to share your thoughts on TikTok marketing or have any questions?
Let us know in the comments below.