What is TikTok and How to Master the App?
TikTok is the new candidate for the throne in 2020, with far more than 500 million monthly active users. TikTok has surpassed all the applications and became the most downloaded app, sweeping all the app stores and proving to be a worthy rival to Snapchat and Instagram.
Musical.ly, an influential social network focusing on dance and music, is intimately linked with TikTok’s past. In August 2018, TikTok purchased it and later combined and incorporated it with it. Since then, only a few features have been introduced in TikTok, and no further alterations are made.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is one of the platforms that integrate music, lip sync videos, and micro-video content. It is best known because of its act-out memes, accompanied by music and other audio files and repeatedly replicated and remixed. Rock, rap, electro, R&B, and DJ tracks serve as the soundtrack for the 15-second video clips. However, the sounds could be originated from YouTube music videos, Soundcloud, or pop culture, such as peculiar soundbites, or they could have been made entirely from scratch.
Visualization and development of content have a transparent methodology despite the wide variety of options and settings that can be confusing. It is a little complicated and so not an easy platform to comprehend at first glimpse.
The TikTok craze is tough to pin down. In essence, this social network stands out from the rest by fostering user creativity, offering dynamic content, and being highly addictive. Not sure if TikTok appeals to everyone, but it’s getting popular, especially among youth. Many consider TikTok a waste of time as the addiction of this is for real. Its success, however, cannot be denied, whether anyone likes it or not.
Suppose you would like to know about this app, its functions, and how an individual can access it. Then you’re at the right place. Our team has gone through this application in depth, gathering all the relevant stuff. Therefore, here we have compiled all the information that you might need to know about the application. Continue reading this blog, and you’ll get to master this application in no time.
How to set up an account?
After downloading the app from Appstore, the very first thing you need to do is to make an account, like in any other application. You can either create a new account with a regular username and password or link it to your Facebook, Gmail, or Twitter accounts to access this app. Once you have logged in, you’ll be directly taken to the video feed.
Complete guide to TikTok:
- Return to the first tab, which displays the video feed, once you have finished setting up your profile. The app will give you random trending videos if you don’t have any followers yet. Your timeline will become even more personalized to your tastes as you follow and engage with more people.
- Symbols are given on the right side of the screen; if you like any video, press the heart button to like it or wish to appreciate the particular video; press on the bubble symbol to comment on it. Moreover, to share the video, hover your mouse over the forward arrow beneath the comment symbol to see your choices. Further, if you like a video and want to know if they have any other videos, you’ll wish to shift left to get to the user’s profile. You can also follow them to keep yourself updated with their new videos of the account you like the most by pressing the plus sign button.
- Suppose you want to search for any video or any user’s profile. Tap on the second tap or a magnifying glass symbol to enter the search app. Trending videos can also be seen below the search bar.
- You can look below the search bar.
- You can also search their Tikcode to locate them. Moreover, you also have access to the feature of Tikcode. To find it go to your profile and tap the icon with four squares in the top right of the screen.
- A red button at the middle of the bottom line is used to make the video. You can either record in segments or one go without any pause.
- During the recording of the video on TikTok, you can make a lot of changes. Speed modification is among the most intriguing. You can use this method to capture slow-motion video segments or quick motion and then merge them to create special effects that amaze your friends and followers.
- There’s also an effects button to the right and an upload button to the left at the bottom of the camera. The Effect icon consists of an extensive collection of AR filters and other visual effects that can be used to enhance your face or the surroundings. You can also add stickers and text that overlays on top of the video.
- You can also change the video’s privacy settings, enable or disable comments, allow duets or reactions, and save it to your phone’s images by tapping “save to album.”
- TikTok for Android has a different feature that allows two users to collaborate on choreography or the other material without being physically present. As a result, the first video would be displayed alongside the one-shot by yourself, in perfect sync.
For further queries, visit our website sunandesigns.com; our team will help you out with your problems.