Finding Your Dream Clients
Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to the next round of the Sunan Weekly Roundup!
What we are working on:
This week, we released another awesome blog titled, 3 Secrets to Success When Working From Home.
Ever since the coronavirus pandemic broke out, it has become increasingly inevitable for employees and business owners alike to work from home. For most of us, the experience is not just very new – it’s also very challenging.
After all, who would have thought that the extreme flexibility, no commute, and the ability to work in your pajamas would have its downsides? But the truth is, it does.
Every single day we find ourselves less and less focused towards the task at hand. We try to multitask and juggle work, entertainment, and chores but end up increasingly frustrated because we simply were not as productive as we’d like to be. Personally, I feel number 3 is the easiest and most crucial step that we tend to overlook while working from home.
My biggest takeaway this week: Finding Your Dream Clients
One of the most fulfilling things about running a business is having the opportunity to work with your dream clients and making an impact in their lives and business. But before we dive deeper into where to find your dream client, we need to first understand what a dream client is. One of the best ways to begin this exercise is to ask yourself, “Who is the person I really want to serve?”
Oftentimes, including myself, we put so much time and energy in perfecting our product where we don’t spend any time thinking about who it is that we really want to serve. As a result, we say yes to every potential lead that arrives at our doorstep. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but true fulfillment comes when you are serving your dream clients because you are able to make so much more of an impact.
For example, imagine you are providing some awesome level training on how to reverse engineer your competitors social media ads strategy. Your ideal customer base would be someone who (1) understands the importance of digital marketing (2) has experience running social media ads (3) has a general understanding of KPIs when assessing ads. Your dream customer in this case is someone who is semi seasoned and you’re helping them take their game to the next level.
Ideally, you would prefer NOT to attract clients who don’t understand and value social media marketing, don’t understand KPIs when looking at social media ads or even worse, don’t even have a Facebook business manager account. The reason for this is because you will spend a lot of time and energy teaching them the basics and showing them the value without actually delivering and making an impact on their bottom line. But don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting these clients are not important! Rather, what I’m saying is they are not the dream clients for this particular course. They would be more fitting for an entry level course where you are teaching the basics and showing them the value of running ads on social media.
So how would you attract your dream client? It comes down to two important things. (1) Find out where your dream clients congregate and (2) optimize your offer.
(1) Find out where your dream clients congregate. The best way find where your dream clients congregate, ask yourself these questions:
- What are the top websites my dream clients already go to?
- What Facebook groups are they a part of?
- What influencers do they follow on social media?
- What blogs and podcasts do they read and listen to?
- What keywords are they searching for on Google to take their game to the next level?
The goal here is to find out where they live on the internet so you can start targeting them accordingly!
(2) Optimize your offer: If you change your offer, you’ll change your customer. What we need to do is reassess the bait/offer for our product. Coming back to my earlier example, in order to draw my dream clients to my course, I would create an offer where I give them a free pdf download (accompanied with videos) where I analyze in detail 100 successful ads. Here, I would do a deep dive into the actual design itself, the copy that was used, the advertisement criteria that was used to showcase the ads to a particular demographic, and what would be the biggest takeaway from each ad. The reason for this offering would be to attract my dream clients. Folks who have an understanding of social media ads and want to take their game to the next level. In exchange for this document, the lead would be giving me their name and email address which I will then use to attract them towards my course.
Once you know where your dream clients live, optimize your offer to attract them towards your product or service.
At Sunan, we have a few dream clients we work with. One of our dream clients are established medical clinics who are looking to build brand equity and leverage digital media ads to take their game to the next level. One of the reasons why they are our dream clients is because we have developed creative marketing strategies that have been able to grow patient visits by +20% in a matter of weeks! Now in order to attract these dream clients, we are putting together some creative offers to attract them to our services.
Now it’s your turn: Who are your dream clients? What offering can you create to attract them towards your product or service? Feel free to email me, I would love to learn more about your dream client and your strategy to attract them!
Time to level up!
P.S We are getting closer to our next major site and product release! Stay tuned!
– Sajjad Husain, Founder & CEO